Thursday, March 3, 2011

thursday!

Two Things: 1.) This is honest-to-goodness terrifying, and 2.) Presumably a good bit of the optometry lobby money came from the optical chains like For Eyes and Pearle Vision, but I wonder how much might've flowed from Walmart's coffers as well, since they also offer in-house optometry services and probably want a bigger piece of the eye market. Also, thinking about "the eye market" makes me srsly queasy.

Or, municipalities could actually PAY PEOPLE TO WORK. I am all for volunteerism in general, but damn that is stupid and awful all over.

This does very little to abate my general level of paranoia.

Sooo incredibly disappointed in Chris Dodd.

Holy crap, SCOTUS is not-useless for a minute.

Kill the Poor: one, two, three, four, five, six (MUST READ...companion video here)

Koch Overdose: one, two, three, four, five, SIX

LIES

I can't wait until they come out with Dr. Pepper Black or something. Morons.

The global gag rule is a giant bunch of bullsh1t and should never, ever be reinstated. It kills women, full stop. Related: B Universe Alert!

Xtian FAIL.

Coconut oil is, in fact, amazing.

This is a REALLY good point about pay for performance that I hadn't considered before. Well said.

I love this and I'm going to write to the relevant Chicago folks to get a similar rule here. Don't really have an opinion yet on this, though. I'm a bit more concerned about the gun owners without ID cards, frankly, and that's a whole other problem.

***
FZCKSAW!!!

Well, yeah. Nicely done font work as well.

Random Tumblr memes give me great joy.

Michael Caine is not interested in mincing words.

Okay, so this one time, a couple of years back, Tom and I went to the Kmart by our old apartment, right around this time of year (meaning right before Easter) and they had obviously selected a random employee, who happened to be a surly-faced Latina teenager with a sparkly nose piercing, to wear a fuzzy pink bunny suit to greet customers at the door and hand out sales flyers. Needless to say, Saddest Bunny Evar. Anyway, this reminded me of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment