Monday, March 21, 2011

monday!

Oooookay....I am all for greater gun control measures and all, but is now, going into the 2012 cycle, really the best time to bring up an issue that you know is going to freak out the crazies? And if the discussions really were spurred by the Tucson shooting, why are you only bringing it up now? I understand wanting to avoid accusations of politicizing a tragedy, but at the same time, I feel like this was dropped at a time when it would deliberately have minimal positive impact. I am so confused by their stupid non-strategy strategy. Related.

Rick Santorum is an embarrassing human being. Republicans: you cannot seriously want this man to run for president. His interactions with foreign leaders would be disastrous. Remember this? That times a thousand. For reals. Don't do it.

Fun with statistics.

This is completely grotesque. The only pleasant surprise is that the bill isn't being funded solely by Monsanto, I guess.

Content, Delivery, and the soon-to-be-fzcked-Internets. Incidentally, the NYT is restarting a paywall system and I refuse to be extorted $15/month for digital access so I'll be limited to 20 free articles a month and thus, probably won't be linking to them very often. I wish I could buy access to just op-eds on an a la carte basis; I would be happy to contribute to Paul Krugman's salary but loathe to kick in for Ross Douthat. Between Krugman and Mark Bittman, that's probably my 20 monthly views right there. /grumble

Short Answer: YES, a thousand times YES

Follow up on TX gang rape story. Heartbreaking.

Good luck with that when the proposals look like this.

Everything's fine, though. Pay no attention to that oil spill behind the curtain.

If this is true, the fake holiday and greeting card people must be overjoyed. New market!

WOW. Everyone knows that grammar has a liberal bias. Also, "Dan Quayle" and "reason" do not belong in the same sentence.

***

SUPERMOON. Damn cloud cover ruined it for us.

NOM. The Two Fat Ladies made a similar item in one of their episodes.

I need some pygmy goats and mini pigs and punk rock chickens for my tiny farm. Related.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that when I get the podcast up and running we'll be doing a feature on gaming.

Baby elephants make everything better.

HUGZ

I don't care if this is Photoshopped, I want to hang out with Space Cat.

I need a tiny dog to dress up.

No comments:

Post a Comment