Tuesday, April 19, 2011

tuesday!

Rachel Maddow covers a story getting barely any notice. Recap if you can't see the video right away: Michigan and Rick Snyder are using the new state's "financial martial law" to dissolve the town of Benton Harbor, a town that happens to be nearly 90% black and overwhelmingly poor, and replace it with a giant golf course and a bunch of McMansions. The land to be developed for the project includes a small, public beachfront park that was gifted to the town of Benton Harbor by the Klock family in loving memory of their deceased daughter. They asked, when the park was dedicated, that it always be preserved for children of the town.

Taxes: one, two, three, four

I love wordcloud analysis.

Daily Dose of Sanity from Paul Krugman.

I have no idea if this would actually be anything other than a money pit. *I* certainly don't have a burning need for a velodrome.

I am disappoint,VegNews.

I honestly don't know what to make of this, but I don't think I approve. But I can't say why.

***

Sleepy noms.

Gorgeous.

Cookie the Penguin. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment