Friday, February 11, 2011

happy friday!

This is just getting fzcking ridiculous now: one, two, three

" For some perspective, funding PBS for one year costs the same as one day in Iraq." (And speaking of...)

Craziness: prenatal surgery, done in the womb. Consider my mind blown for the day. (The flip side? OMG fzck those guys)

Distressing mental exercise.

RON PAUL, mofos: one, two, three

Yay...?

Mos Def drops concise wisdom.

***

Are we entering a new golden age of political cartooning? Evidence.

I am intrigued but still extremely skeptical, mainly because James Franco still strikes me as kind of a shifty character. Joaquin Phoenix could actually be *amazing*, I think, as either Cash or Jewel. Still, while there are no hard and fast rules to film adaptation of novels, I'm having a difficult time imagining how you'd even start a project like it, let alone cover the drill-in-the-corpse-face scene, or the amputation scene. But maybe that's Franco's oeuvre now. Aaaaaaaand now I'm going to spend several hours trying to cast the movie in my head.


This is freaking awesome. "Help Win War - Beat Fascism" was on Guthrie the cat's list this year too.

Amazing Chicago pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment